Actress and new mother Maki Horikita (28) has officially retired from entertainment industry on February 28. On her statement that was released on Oricon News she stated that, as a mother she wants to protect her family happiness and create a family that is full with love. She also thanked her fans and everyone who has taken care of her for a wonderful “14 years” of her career as an actress. Maki Horikita debuted in 2003, and well known for her acting in popular dorama Nobuta wo Produce (2005), Hanazakari Kimitachi He: Ikemen Paradise (2007), NHK asadora Umechan Sensei (2012) and many more. She married actor Koji Yamamoto in 2015 and gave birth to their first child last December.
Japanese netizens were quite surprised with Horikita’s decision and many give their encouragements. Here are some of their reactions:
- “Otsukaresama deshita!” (Thank you for your hard work!)
- “I was so surprised! But I think it’s a good way to retired. Good luck with motherhood!”
- “She reminds me of Momoe Yamaguchi. I wish her a lot of happiness!”
- “How lucky… As a celebrity she can be a full time housewife. I also protect my family while working part time job, lol.”
- “When I heard that Yamashita Tomohisa and Kazuya Kamenashi (her co-star in Nobuta wo Produce) gonna star together in a new dorama, I thought that she’ll appear as well.. But that’s okay, good luck!
- I’ve been a fan since Hanazakari days. She’s so cute with short hair. I wish her all the best. Koji-san, please don’t cheat on her!
image credit: jpopasia